“It feels so fake now…”
Innisfree is a Korean beauty products and skincare brand that’s popular for its affordable yet effective products.
Many people have come to associate the brand with its natural and fresh image, reminiscent of Jeju Island.
Innisfree’s store fronts often have an iconic wall of greenery that suits the brand identity.
Previously, Girls’ Generation‘s Yoona became well-known as the Innisfree model who helped to portray a natural image of the brand.
However, after 11 years as the face of the brand, her contract ended in 2020.
Similarly, Innisfree was known for its branding, including the logo and packaging.
Recently, Innisfree began changing its brand identity in order to remain trendy.
One of the most notable changes was the packaging design. However, many people had mixed opinions on the new look. Some believed the new packaging gave off a pharmaceutical vibe and lost the initial natural feeling of what makes people love Innisfree.
The models of the brand have changed as well, adding IVE‘s Jang Wonyoung and SEVENTEEN‘s Mingyu to the list.
Netizens believe the idols have a trendy appearance that may match the new image Innisfree is trying to create, but overall, may not convey the original feeling of the brand.
Similarly, the store fronts have also changed dramatically. The logo has been modernized and the original shade of green grass has been altered for a more bright, eye-catching choice.
However, this has also lead to mixed opinions, as many believe the brand has lost what originally made it unique and notable.
- “It’s my first time learning that the green color could hurt your eyes”
- “The before was better, same goes for the models”
- “They went from nature to a pharmacy”
- “They kind of have that sporty image now. It’s clear that the change made them fit the current trend better but their charms seem to have disappeared..? I liked their natural aura”
- “I prefer the after though..”
- “Their natural image was so good, these fools… They threw away the image that people thought of as soon as you mentioned ‘Innisfree’”
Share This Post